In Kindergarten, our curriculum is a harmonious blend of the best practices of major boards of India. We provide a nurturing environment incorporating a balance of structure and exploration, believing that happy children make successful learners.
Learning is enhanced through exploring meaningful life experiences as well as sensory and exploratory activities. This phase is an important time in children’s lives because it is when they first learn how to interact with others, including peers, teachers and parents, and also begin to develop interests that will stay with them throughout their lives. It’s a time when children learn critical, social and emotional skills and a partnership is formed between the child, their parents and the teacher. When this is done successfully, it lays the groundwork for it to continue throughout the child’s education.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development-Successful personal, social and emotional development is essential for all young children in order to be successful in their lives. We in our school help the young children to become confident, emotionally strong, independent, positive, full of enthusiasm and positive energy to take up the challenges of their lives so that they can adapt well in their surroundings and can work, play and co-operate with others.
Communication, Language and Literacy–Children are encouraged to speak and listen effectively and are given opportunities to express their ideas, thoughts and feelings. Through assemblies, stage performances, role play, dramatics, Rhyme recitation and various other activities they are given a platform to improve their language and polish their oratory skills. Through activity based experiential learning in the classrooms and with use of audio–video aids students are encouraged to work on their linguistic skills
Mathematical Development–This focuses on practical activities that help to develop understanding of numbers, measurement, patterns, shape and space. We aim to develop the children’s confidence so that their mathematical skills are used in everyday situations
Knowledge and Understanding of the World—In this area, children develop the skills they need to help them to understand the world in which they live. They learn to be curious, ask questions, experiment and solve problems. Work in this area lays the foundations for later learning in history, geography, science, design and technology and information and communication technology. We at YMS, conduct various programmes for the students to make them aware of their surroundings and sensitize them of the environmental issues. For eg. Role play on community helpers, street play/ nukkad Natak, etc.
Physical Development–Children develop rapidly in their early years. They need to be active in order to develop the fundamental skills associated with moving with confidence and control in order to handle tools and equipment effectively. We aim to develop positive attitudes towards a healthy and active way of life. Every day in the zero period students are asked to do breathing exercises followed by prayer. The diet chart is displayed in every classroom so as to encourage our students to eat healthy, protein rich food. Students are adequately exposed to good eating habits, health and hygiene, disadvantages of junk food, besides other related issues.
Creative Development –Creativity brings excitement and independence to learning. Work in this area aims to develop children’s imaginations, encouraging expression of ideas through art, music, dance, role-play and imaginative play.
Regular events, performances and assemblies add to the rich range of opportunities open to our children. Educational trips and co-curricular activities further help the students in learning process. We take cognizance of the transition needs of students in Nursery through differentiated pastoral care. The curriculum emphasizes on the development of key skills such as inquiry, creativity, critical thinking and collaboration.
The main principles that form the basis of the framework include:
- Unique Personality – Every child is unique and is constantly learning to be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
- Positive Relationships – Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships.
- Positive Environments – Children develop well in enabling environments, where their individual needs are met and links are strong between school and home life.
- Inclusive Learning and Development –The framework covers the education and care of all children in Early Years provision, including children with special educational needs and disabilities.
In Nursery, the areas of learning and development include:
Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Communication and Language, Literacy, Mathematics (problem-solving, reasoning and numeracy), Understanding the World, Physical Development, Expressive Arts and Design
In KG, the following subjects are offered:
- English, Mathematics, Hindi, Understanding the World, Environmental studies, Computers, Art and Design, Dance / Music, Physical Education
Primary School (Grades I-V)
The transition from play way learning in KG classes to more formal education in Grade 1 is gradual and well supported to ensure smooth progression. In Grades I-V, the following subjects are taught:
- Mathematics, English, Hindi, Computers, General Knowledge Physical Education, Art, Music and Dance. Additionally, Grades I-II students are offered Environmental Studies. This is bifurcated to Science and Social Studies in Grades III-V.
- The design of the curriculum builds curiosity and a passion for learning in children. The focus on concept building is strengthened by practical, first-hand experience through the STEAM labs, various activities and projects. Their reading, writing and analytical skills are developed through integrating content with e-learning modules, educational videos, etc.
- Mathematical concepts are introduced using stickers, blocks, number tags, puzzles, worksheets, etc.
- Linguistic skills are enhanced through vocabulary building games, scrabble, word chain ,crosswords, etc. concepts
- Technology is considered an essential part of learning and as students’ progress to Grade IV, they become proficient in using technology for independent learning and collaboration.
- The school prides itself on a joyous and secure environment, where caring teachers and meaningful programmes deliberately cultivate sound ethical standards and hone emotional and social skills.
Middle School (Grades VI – VIII)
The Middle School years are a time of significant intellectual, physical, social and emotional growth. Students are helped to keep pace with accelerated academic challenges and offered support in acquiring life skills. Students are encouraged to question and evaluate information critically. They are provided ample opportunities to apply their learning through innovative classroom techniques and challenging projects and assignments. The techniques range from brainstorming sessions, role-play, case studies, Design Thinking and hands on activities.
The curriculum ensures opportunities for character building, sharpening skills and inculcating sterling values by providing meaningful opportunities for community service and innovative real life projects. Main goal is to help students develop their intellectual, social, physical and creative potential to foster a habit of lifelong learning.
A range of co-scholastic activities in Sports, Arts and Academic disciplines cultivate interest and aptitude. By this stage students are skilled in using technology to research, innovate and collaborate.
The main subjects taught are English, Mathematics, Hindi, Sanskrit, General Science, Social Science, General Knowledge and Computer Science.
Secondary School (Grades IX-X)
The Uttar Pradesh Board Syllabus is the mainstay of the curriculum as at this stage as students prepare to appear for their first Board Examination at the end of Grade X.
Almost all students are now adept at life skills (4Cs: Creativity, Critical thinking, Communication and Collaboration) in order to successfully transit to Senior Secondary School.
The curriculum at this stage is designed to encourage higher order thinking: reasoning, analytical and logical applications. The social, emotional, cognitive and physical needs of students are addressed at this crucial period of transition. The curriculum also aims to equip them with positive behavior, knowledge and an understanding of human values and ethics.
The subjects taught include: English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Mathematics, Science, Social Science and Computers.
The extensive co-scholastic programme in Sports, Arts and Academic disciplines encourages leadership, resilience, talent and team spirit.
+91-0120-4101332 (Sr. Wing)
+91-0120-4982818 (Jr. Wing)
D- 55 Bishanpura, Sector 58,
Noida, U.P- 201307